- ethylbenzene + H2O + acceptor (S)-1-phenylethanol + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on CH or CH2 group with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ethylbenzene:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include ethylbenzene dehydrogenase, and ethylbenzene:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in ethylbenzene degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Kniemeyer O, Heider J (2001). "Ethylbenzene dehydrogenase, a novel hydrocarbon-oxidizing molybdenum/iron-sulfur/heme enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 276: 21381&ndash, 6. PMID 11294876.
- Johnson HA, Pelletier DA, Spormann AM (2001). "Isolation and characterization of anaerobic ethylbenzene dehydrogenase, a novel Mo-Fe-S enzyme". J. Bacteriol. 183: 4536&ndash, 42. PMID 11443088.