- ATP + an alphaomega-dicarboxylic acid + CoA AMP + diphosphate + an omega-carboxyacyl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-sulfur bonds as acid-thiol ligases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is omega-dicarboxylate:CoA ligase (AMP-forming). Other names in common use include carboxylyl-CoA synthetase, and dicarboxylyl-CoA synthetase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Vamecq J, de Hoffmann E, Van Hoof F (1985). "The microsomal dicarboxylyl-CoA synthetase". Biochem. J. 230: 683&ndash, 93. PMID 4062873.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 99332-77-1.