- 2,5-diamino-6-hydroxy-4-(5-phosphoribosylamino)pyrimidine + H2O 5-amino-6-(5-phosphoribosylamino)uracil + NH3
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in cyclic amidines. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2,5-diamino-6-hydroxy-4-(5-phosphoribosylamino)pyrimidine 2-aminohydrolase. This enzyme participates in riboflavin metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Burrows RB, Brown GM (1978). "Presence of Escherichia coli of a deaminase and a reductase involved in biosynthesis of riboflavin". J. Bacteriol. 136: 657&ndash, 67. PMID 30756.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 68994-19-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|