- acetyl-CoA + an alkane-alpha,omega-diamine CoA + an N-acetyldiamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:alkane-alpha,omega-diamine N-acetyltransferase. Other names in common use include spermidine acetyltransferase, putrescine acetyltransferase, putrescine (diamine)-acetylating enzyme, diamine acetyltransferase, spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase, spermidine N1-acetyltransferase, acetyl-coenzyme A-1,4-diaminobutane N-acetyltransferase, putrescine acetylase, and putrescine N-acetyltransferase. This enzyme participates in urea cycle and metabolism of amino groups.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Ragione FD, Pegg AE (1982). "Purification and characterization of spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase from rat liver". Biochemistry. 21: 6152&ndash, 8. PMID 7150547.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 54596-36-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|