- deacetoxyvindoline + 2-oxoglutarate + O2 deacetylvindoline + succinate + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with 2-oxoglutarate as one donor, and incorporation of one atom o oxygen into each donor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is deacetoxyvindoline,2-oxoglutarate:oxygen oxidoreductase (4beta-hydroxylating). Other names in common use include desacetoxyvindoline 4-hydroxylase, desacetyoxyvindoline-17-hydroxylase, D17H, desacetoxyvindoline,2-oxoglutarate:oxygen oxidoreductase, and (4beta-hydroxylating). This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Foucher AL, McIntosh A, Douce G, Wastling J, Tait A, Turner CM (2006). "A proteomic analysis of arsenical drug resistance in Trypanosoma brucei". Proteomics. 6: 2726&ndash, 32. PMID 16526094.
- De Carolis E, De Luca V (1993). "Purification, characterization, and kinetic analysis of a 2-oxoglutarate-dependent dioxygenase involved in vindoline biosynthesis from Catharanthus roseus". J. Biol. Chem. 268: 5504&ndash, 11. PMID 8449913.
- Vazquez-Flota FA, De Luca V (1998). "Developmental and light regulation of desacetoxyvindoline 4-hydroxylase in catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don. . Evidence Of a multilevel regulatory mechanism". Plant. Physiol. 117: 1351&ndash, 61. PMID 9701591.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 132084-83-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.14 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|