- D-glutamate + H2O + O2 2-oxoglutarate + NH3 + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH2 group of donors with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-glutamate(D-aspartate):oxygen oxidoreductase (deaminating). Other names in common use include D-glutamic-aspartic oxidase, and D-monoaminodicarboxylic acid oxidase. This enzyme participates in alanine and aspartate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Mizushima S (1957). "Purified D-glutamic-aspartic oxidase of Aspergillus ustus". J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol. 3: 233&ndash, 239.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.4 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|