- N6-dimethylallyladenine + acceptor + H2O adenine + 3-methylbut-2-enal + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH group of donors with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N6-dimethylallyladenine:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include N6-dimethylallyladenine:(acceptor) oxidoreductase, 6-N-dimethylallyladenine:acceptor oxidoreductase, OsCKX2, CKX, and cytokinin oxidase/dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Galuszka P, Frebort I, Sebela M, Sauer P, Jacobsen S, Pec P (2001). "Cytokinin oxidase or dehydrogenase? Mechanism of cytokinin degradation in cereals". Eur. J. Biochem. 268: 450&ndash, 61. PMID 11168382.