Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
CIOMS serves the scientific interests of the international biomedical community in general and has been active in promulgating guidelines for the ethical conduct of research, among other activities. CIOMS promulgated guidelines in 1993 entitled International Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects. These 15 guidelines address issues including informed consent, standards for external review, recruitment of participants, and more. The Guidelines are general instructions and principles of ethical biomedical research.
- U.S. National Institutes of Health - "CIOMS Guidelines", Human Participant Protections Education for Research Teams
- International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
- World Medical Association
- Uppsala Monitoring Centre
- Regulation of therapeutic goods
- Clinical trial