- chondroitin D-glucuronate dermatan L-iduronate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is chondroitin-D-glucuronate 5-epimerase. Other names in common use include polyglucuronate 5-epimerase, dermatan-sulfate 5-epimerase, urunosyl C-5 epimerase, and chondroitin D-glucuronosyl 5-epimerase. This enzyme participates in chondroitin sulfate biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Malmstrom A, Aberg L (1982). "Biosynthesis of dermatan sulphate. Assay and properties of the uronosyl C-5 epimerase". Biochem. J. 201: 489&ndash, 93. PMID 7092807.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 86417-91-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|