Central sleep apnea here epidemiology and demographics
Please help WikiDoc by adding more content here. It's easy! Click here to learn about editing.
Epidemiology and Demographics
- The prevalence is highest among adults.
- Males are at an increased risk for sleep apnea. 
- The prevalence of central sleep apnea is 0.4% as diagnosed according to the Sleep Disorders Clinic criteria. 
- The prevalence of central sleep apnea between the ages of 65-100 years old is 1.1%.
- The prevalence of central sleep apnea between the ages of 45-64 years old is 0.4%.
- "Central sleep apnea: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia".
- Bixler EO, Vgontzas AN, Ten Have T, Tyson K, Kales A (1998). "Effects of age on sleep apnea in men: I. Prevalence and severity". American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 157 (1): 144–8. PMID 9445292. Retrieved 2012-08-14. Unknown parameter