|Diagrammatic section of a diarthrodial joint.|
|Gray's||subject #68 282|
Each capsule consists of two layers:
- an outer layer (stratum fibrosum) composed of white fibrous tissue
- an inner layer (stratum synoviale) which is a secreting layer, and is usually described separately as the synovial membrane.
- articular capsule of the humerus
- articular capsule of the knee joint
- capsule of hip joint
- capsule of temporomandibular joint
- atlantoaxial articular capsule
- capsule of atlantooccipital articulation
This article was originally based on an entry from a public domain edition of Gray's Anatomy. As such, some of the information contained herein may be outdated. Please edit the article if this is the case, and feel free to remove this notice when it is no longer relevant.