- D-apiitol + NAD+ D-apiose + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-apiitol:NAD+ 1-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include D-apiose reductase, and D-apiitol reductase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Hanna R, Picken M and Mendicino J (1973). "Purification of a specific D-apiitol dehydrogenase from a Micrococcus isolated from the surface of germinating parsley seeds". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 315: 259&ndash, 271.
- Neal DL, Kindel PK (1970). "D-apiose reductase from Aerobacter aerogenes". J. Bacteriol. 101: 910&ndash, 5. PMID 4314545.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-45-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|