Aldose-6-phosphate reductase (NADPH)
- D-sorbitol 6-phosphate + NADP+ D-glucose 6-phosphate + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-aldose-6-phosphate:NADP+ 1-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include aldose 6-phosphate reductase, NADP+-dependent aldose 6-phosphate reductase, A6PR, aldose-6-P reductase, aldose-6-phosphate reductase, alditol 6-phosphate:NADP+ 1-oxidoreductase, and aldose-6-phosphate reductase (NADPH).
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Negm FB and Loescher WH (1981). "Characterization and partial-purification of aldose-6-phosphate reductase (alditol-6-phosphate-NADP 1-oxidoreductase) from apple leaves". Plant Physiol. 67: 139&ndash, 142.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 76901-04-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|