Acid-CoA ligase (GDP-forming)
- GTP + an acid + CoA GDP + phosphate + acyl-CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-sulfur bonds as acid-thiol ligases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acid:CoA ligase (GDP-forming). Other names in common use include acyl-CoA synthetase (GDP-forming), and acyl coenzyme A synthetase (guanosine diphosphate forming).
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Rossi CR and Gibson DM (1964). "Activation of fatty acids by a guanosine triphosphate-specific thiokinase from liver mitochondria". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 1694&ndash, 1699.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37318-59-5.