- H2 + 5,10-methenyltetrahydromethanopterin H+ + 5,10-methylenetetrahydromethanopterin
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on hydrogen as donor with other, known, acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is hydrogen:5,10-methenyltetrahydromethanopterin oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include H2-forming N5,N10-methylenetetrahydromethanopterin dehydrogenase, nonmetal hydrogenase, N5,N10-methenyltetrahydromethanopterin hydrogenase, and hydrogen:N5,N10-methenyltetrahydromethanopterin oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Zirngibl C, Hedderich R and Thauer RK (1990). "N5,N10-Methylenetetrahydromethanopterin dehydrogenase from Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum has hydrogenase activity". FEBS Lett. 261: 112&ndash, 116.
- Klein AR, Fernandez VM, Thauer RK (1995). "H2-forming N5,N10-methylenetetrahydromethanopterin dehydrogenase: mechanism of H2 formation analyzed using hydrogen isotopes". FEBS. Lett. 368: 203&ndash, 6. PMID 7628605.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 100357-01-5.