- ATP + 4-methylene-L-glutamate + NH3 AMP + diphosphate + 4-methylene-L-glutamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-nitrogen bonds as acid-D-ammonia (or amine) ligases (amide synthases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-methylene-L-glutamate:ammonia ligase (AMP-forming). This enzyme is also called 4-methyleneglutamine synthetase. This enzyme participates in c5-branched dibasic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Winter HC, Su TZ, Dekker EE (1983). "4-methyleneglutamine synthetase: a new amide synthetase present in germinating peanuts". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 111: 484&ndash, 9. PMID 6838571.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 85537-85-5.