- 4-hydroxymuconic semialdehyde + NAD+ + H2O maleylacetate + NADH + 2 H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 4-hydroxymuconic-semialdehyde:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in gamma-hexachlorocyclohexane degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Spain JC, Gibson DT (1991). "Pathway for Biodegradation of p-Nitrophenol in a Moraxella sp". Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 57: 812&ndash, 819. PMID 16348446.