- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + 5,7,3',4'-tetrahydroxy-3-methoxyflavone S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5,3',4'-trihydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl methionine and 5,7,3',4'-tetrahydroxy-3-methoxyflavone, whereas its two products are S-adenosylhomocysteine and 5,3',4'-trihydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:5,7,3',4'-tetrahydroxy-3-methoxyflavone 7-O-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include flavonol 7-O-methyltransferase, flavonol 7-methyltransferase, 7-OMT, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:3',4',5,7-tetrahydroxy-3-methoxyflavone, 7-O-methyltransferase, and 3-methylquercitin 7-O-methyltransferase [mis-spelt].
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- De Luca V, Ibrahim RK (1985). "Enzymatic synthesis of polymethylated flavonols in Chrysosplenium americanum. I. Partial purification and some properties of S-adenosyl-L-methionine:flavonol 3-, 6-, 7-, and 4'-O-methyltransferases". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 238: 596&ndash, 605. PMID 3994393.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 96477-62-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|