- 3-hydroxy-2-methylpropanoyl-CoA + H2O CoA + 3-hydroxy-2-methylpropanoate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on thioester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-hydroxy-2-methylpropanoyl-CoA hydrolase. Other names in common use include 3-hydroxy-isobutyryl CoA hydrolase, and HIB CoA deacylase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation, beta-alanine metabolism, and propanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Rendina G and Coon MJ (1957). "Enzymatic hydrolysis of the coenzyme A thiol esters of beta-hydroxypropionic and beta-hydroxyisobutyric acids". J. Biol. Chem. 225: 523&ndash, 534.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9025-88-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|