- (S)-3-hydroxybutanoyl-CoA + NADP+ 3-acetoacetyl-CoA + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-3-hydroxybutanoyl-CoA:NADP+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include beta-hydroxybutyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase, L(+)-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase, BHBD, dehydrogenase, L-3-hydroxybutyryl coenzyme A (nicotinamide adenine, dinucleotide phosphate), L-(+)-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase, and beta-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in benzoate degradation via coa ligation and butanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Madan VK, Hillmer P, Gottschalk G (1973). "Purification and properties of NADP-dependent L(+)-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase from Clostridium kluyveri". Eur. J. Biochem. 32: 51&ndash, 6. PMID 4405720.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 39319-78-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|