- (2S,3S)-3-hydroxy-2-methylbutanoyl-CoA + NAD+ 2-methylacetoacetyl-CoA + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (2S,3S)-3-hydroxy-2-methylbutanoyl-CoA:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 2-methyl-3-hydroxybutyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase, 2-methyl-3-hydroxybutyryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase, and 2-methyl-3-hydroxy-butyryl CoA dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Conrad RS, Massey LK, Sokatch JR (1974). "D- and L-isoleucine metabolism and regulation of their pathways in Pseudomonas putida". J. Bacteriol. 118: 103&ndash, 11. PMID 4150713.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 52227-66-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|