- 2-methylbutanoyl-CoA + NAD+ 2-methylcrotonoyl-CoA + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-methyl-branched-chain-acyl-CoA:NAD+ 2-oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan biosynthesis. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Komuniecki R, Fekete S, Thissen-Parra J (1985). "Purification and characterization of the 2-methyl branched-chain Acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, an enzyme involved in NADH-dependent enoyl-CoA reduction in anaerobic mitochondria of the nematode, Ascaris suum". J. Biol. Chem. 260: 4770&ndash, 7. PMID 3988734.
- Komuniecki R, McCrury J, Thissen J, Rubin N (1989). "Electron-transfer flavoprotein from anaerobic Ascaris suum mitochondria and its role in NADH-dependent 2-methyl branched-chain enoyl-CoA reduction". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 975: 127&ndash, 31. PMID 2736251.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 122320-06-3.