- acyl-CoA + 2-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine CoA + phosphatidylcholine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:2-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine O-acyltransferase. Other names in common use include 2-acylglycerol-3-phosphorylcholine acyltransferase, and 2-acylglycerophosphocholine acyltransferase. This enzyme participates in glycerophospholipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Lands WEM and Hart P (1965). "Metabolism of glycerolipids. VI. Specificities of acyl coenzyme A:phospholipid acyltransferases". J. Biol. Chem. 240: 1905&ndash, 1911.
- Van Den Bosch H, Van Golde MG, Slotboom AJ, Van Deenen LL (1968). "The acylation of isomeric monoacyl phosphatidylcholines". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 152: 694&ndash, 703. PMID 5660084.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 64295-73-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|