- 2-(S)-hydroxypropyl-CoM + NAD+ 2-oxopropyl-CoM + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-[2-(S)-hydroxypropylthio]ethanesulfonate:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called 2-(2-(S)-hydroxypropylthio)ethanesulfonate dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.1999
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.529 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.2069
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.119
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.1689
- Allen JR, Clark DD, Krum JG, Ensign SA (1999). "A role for coenzyme M (2-mercaptoethanesulfonic acid) in a bacterial pathway of aliphatic epoxide carboxylation". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 96: 8432&ndash, 7. PMID 10411892.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|