- 1D-1-guanidino-3-amino-1,3-dideoxy-scyllo-inositol + pyruvate 1D-1-guanidino-1-deoxy-3-dehydro-scyllo-inositol + L-alanine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are 1D-1-guanidino-3-amino-1,3-dideoxy-scyllo-inositol and pyruvate, whereas its two products are 1D-1-guanidino-1-deoxy-3-dehydro-scyllo-inositol and L-alanine.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1D-1-guanidino-3-amino-1,3-dideoxy-scyllo-inositol:pyruvate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include guanidinoaminodideoxy-scyllo-inositol-pyruvate aminotransferase, and L-alanine-N-amidino-3-(or 5-)keto-scyllo-inosamine transaminase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Walker JB (1971). "Enzymatic reactions involved in streptomycin biosynthesis and metabolism". Lloydia. 34: 363&ndash, 71. PMID 4376579.
- Walker JB, Walker MS (1969). "Streptomycin biosynthesis. Transamination reactions involving inosamines and inosadiamines". Biochemistry. 8: 763&ndash, 70. PMID 5781017.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 57127-19-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|