- (+)-neomenthol + NADP+ (-)-menthone + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (+)-neomenthol:NADP+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called monoterpenoid dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Kjonaas R, Martinkus-Taylor C and Croteau R (1982). "Metabolism of monoterpenes: conversion of l-menthone to l-menthol and d-neomenthol by stereospecific dehydrogenases from peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaves". Plant Physiol. 69: 1013&ndash, 1017.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 81811-47-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|