Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Compulsion)
Compulsive behavior is behavior which a person does "compulsively", i.e., not because he enjoys it but because he feels he "has to". The two most common forms are:
- obsessive-compulsive disorder - obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions which attempt to neutralize the obsessions
- drug addiction - a condition where a person takes a drug compulsively, despite potential harm to themselves, or their desire to stop
- psychological addiction => addiction - the repeated use of substances or behaviors despite clear evidence of morbidity secondary to such use.
- physical addiction => physical dependence
- cocaine addiction => cocaine