- ATP + pantetheine ADP + pantetheine 4'-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:pantetheine 4'-phosphotransferase. This enzyme is also called pantetheine kinase (phosphorylating). This enzyme participates in pantothenate and coa biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- NOVELLI GD (1953). "Enzymatic synthesis and structure of CoA". Fed. Proc. 12: 675&ndash, 81. PMID 13107738.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-49-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|