Open Bioinformatics Foundation
The mission of the foundation is to support development of open source toolkits for bioinformatics, organize and run the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference, and generally assist in the development and promotion of open source software development in the life sciences.
The foundation hosts servers for mailing lists, websites, and code repositories for the following open source projects:
- BioDAS (see: ) - XML Infrastructure for exchanging genome annotations
- BioJava - Java toolkit
- BioMOBY - Data and application execution through web services
- BioPerl - Perl toolkit
- BioPipe - Pipelines and workflow project for creating bioinformatics protocol
- BioPython - Python toolkit
- BioRuby - Ruby toolkit
- BioSQL - RDBMS Database schema for storing sequences, annotations, taxa data.
- OBDA (see: ) - a standard for sequence data access locally, remotely, and via RDBMS
- EMBOSS - Sequence analysis toolkit.