- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + 24-methylenelophenol S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + (Z)-24-ethylidenelophenol
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:24-methylenelophenol C-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include SMT2, and 24-methylenelophenol C-241-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in the biosynthesis of steroids.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Bouvier-Nave P, Husselstein T, Benveniste P (1998). "Two families of sterol methyltransferases are involved in the first and the second methylation steps of plant sterol biosynthesis". Eur. J. Biochem. 256: 88&ndash, 96. PMID 9746350.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|