- D-xylono-1,4-lactone + H2O D-xylonate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-xylono-1,4-lactone lactonohydrolase. Other names in common use include xylono-g-lactonase, and xylonolactonase. This enzyme participates in pentose and glucuronate interconversions.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Buchert J and Viikari L (1988). "The role of xylonolactone in xylonic acid production by Pseudomonas fragi". Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 27: 333&ndash, 336.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|