- a wax ester + H2O a long-chain alcohol + a long-chain carboxylate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is wax-ester acylhydrolase. Other names in common use include jojoba wax esterase, and WEH.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Huang AHC, Moreau RA and Liu KDF (1978). "Development and properties of a wax ester hydrolase in the cotyledons of jojoba seedlings". Plant Physiol. 61: 339&ndash, 341.
- Moreau RA and Huang AHC (1981). "Enzymes of wax ester catabolism in jojoba". Methods Enzymol. 71: 804&ndash, 813.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 66625-78-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|