- all-trans-octaprenyl diphosphate + isopentenyl diphosphate diphosphate + all-trans-nonaprenyl diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring aryl or alkyl groups other than methyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (E)-octaprenyl-diphosphate:isopentenyl-diphosphate octaprenyltranstransferase. Other names in common use include all-trans-nonaprenyl-diphosphate synthase, solanesyl-diphosphate synthase, solanesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, SPP synthase, nonaprenyl pyrophosphate synthetase, polyprenylpyrophosphate synthetase, terpenoidallyltransferase, terpenyl pyrophosphate synthetase, trans-octaprenyltranstransferase, and trans-prenyltransferase. This enzyme participates in biosynthesis of steroids.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Fujii H, Sagami H, Koyama T, Ogura K, Seto S, Baba T, Allen CM (1980). "Variable product specificity of solanesyl pyrophosphate synthetase". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 96: 1648&ndash, 53. PMID 7447947.
- Sagami H, Ogura K and Seto S (1978). "Solanesyl pyrophosphate synthetase from Micrococcus lysodeikticus". Biochemistry. 16: 4616&ndash, 4622.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 64763-52-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|