- (R,R)-tartrate meso-tartrate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on hydroxy acids and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is tartrate epimerase. This enzyme is also called tartaric racemase. This enzyme participates in glyoxylate and dicarboxylate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Ranjan S, Patnaik KK and Laloraya MM (1961). "Enzymic conversion of meso-tartrate to dextro-tartrate in tamarind". Naturwissenschaften. 48: 406.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37318-33-5.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|