- sulcatol + NAD+ sulcatone + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is sulcatol:NAD+ oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.110
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.1680 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.1240
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.1990
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.520
- Belan A, Botle J, Fauve A, Gourcy JG and Veschambre H (1987). "Use of biological systems for the preparation of chiral molecules 3. An application in pheromone synthesis: Preparation of sulcatol enantiomers". J. Org. Chem. 52: 256&ndash, 260.
- Tidswell EC, Salter GJ, Kell DB and Morris JG (1997). "Enantioselectivity of sulcatone reduction by some anaerobic bacteria". Enzyme Microb. Technol. 21: 143&ndash, 147.
- Tidswell EC, Thompson AN and Morris JG (1991). "Selection in chemostat culture of a mutant strain of Clostridium tryobutyricum improved in its reduction of ketones". J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 35: 317&ndash, 322.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 196522-54-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|