Structural bioinformatics refers to the branch of bioinformatics which is related to the analysis and prediction of the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules such as proteins. The term structural has the same meaning as in structural biology, and structural bioinformatics can be seen as computational structural biology.
- Bourne, Weissig (2003) Structural Bioinformatics, Wiley ISBN 0-471-20199-5
- Richardson, J.S. (1981) "The anatomy and taxonomy of protein structure". Adv. Protein Chem., 34, 167-339.
- G.N. Ramachandran, C. Ramakrishnan, and V. Sasisekharan. "Stereochemistry of polypeptide chain configurations". J. Mol. Biol., 7:95-9, 1963.
- G.N. Ramachandran and V. Sasisekharan. "Conformation of polypeptides and proteins". Adv. Protein Chem., 23:283-438, 1968.
- PyMOL viewer
- VMD viewer
- MolMol viewer
- SPDBV DeepView viewer
- PROCHECK, a web service
- iMolTalk, a web service
- PROPKA, rapid prediction of protein pKa values based on empirical structure/function relationships
- CARA - Computer Aided Resonance Assignment
- StarBiochem, a java protein viewer, features direct search of protein databank