- 5-O-methyl-myo-inositol + NAD+ 2D-5-O-methyl-2,3,5/4,6-pentahydroxycyclohexanone + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5-O-methyl-myo-inositol:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called D-pinitol dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Ruis H, Hoffmann-Ostenhof O (1969). "Enzymic epimerization of sequoyitol to D-pinitol in Trifolium incarnatum". Eur. J. Biochem. 7: 442&ndash, 8. PMID 4389340.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-72-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|