Second degree AV block medical therapy
Second degree AV block Microchapters
Second degree AV block medical therapy On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Second degree AV block medical therapy
- Patients are usually asymptomatic and doesn't require a pacemaker.
- Correction of reversible causes of the block such as ischemia, medications, and vagotonic conditions should be addressed.
- Correction of reversible causes of the block such as ischemia, medications, and vagotonic conditions should be considered.
- Treatment may also include medicines to control blood pressure and atrial fibrillation, as well as lifestyle and dietary changes to reduce risk factors associated with heart attack and stroke.
- Treatment in emergency situations are atropine and an external pacer.
Second degree AV block(except in patients with a functioning artificial pacemaker) is considered an absolute contraindication to the use of the following medications:
- Brimonidine tartrate and Timolol maleate