Saururaceae is a plant family comprising four genera and six species of herbaceous flowering plants native to eastern and southern Asia and North America. The family has been recognised by most taxonomists, and is sometimes known as the "lizard's-tail family". The APG II system (2003; unchanged from the 1998 APG system) assigned it to the order Piperales in the clade magnoliids.
Genera and species
- Anemopsis californica (Nutt.) Hook. & Arn. (Yerba Mansa). – North America.
- Gymnotheca chinensis Decne. – Asia.
- Gymnotheca involucrata S. J. Pei. – Asia.
- Houttuynia cordata Thunberg. – Asia.
- Saururus cernuus L. (Lizard's tail, Water-dragon)– North America.
- Saururus chinensis (Loureiro) Baillon. – Asia.
- Saururaceae in L. Watson and M.J. Dallwitz (1992 onwards). The families of flowering plants.
- Flora of North America: Saururaceae
- Flora of China: Saururaceae
- NCBI Taxonomy Browser
- links at CSDL, Texas