- riboflavin + H2O ribitol + lumichrome
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in compounds that have not been otherwise categorized within EC number 3.5. The systematic name of this enzyme class is riboflavin hydrolase. This enzyme participates in riboflavin metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Yanagita T and Foster JW (1956). "A bacterial riboflavin hydrolase". J. Biol. Chem. 221: 593&ndash, 607.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-79-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|