- retinyl palmitate + H2O retinol + palmitate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is retinyl-palmitate palmitohydrolase. Other names in common use include retinyl palmitate hydrolase, retinyl palmitate hydrolyase, and retinyl ester hydrolase. This enzyme participates in retinol metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Mahadevan S, Ayyoub NI, Roels OA (1966). "Hydrolysis of retinol palmitate by rat liver". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 57&ndash, 64. PMID 5901057.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9063-69-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|