Tyrosine-protein kinase transmembrane receptor ROR1, also known as neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor-related 1 (NTRKR1), is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the ROR1 gene. ROR1 is a member of the receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor (ROR) family.
The protein encoded by this gene is a receptor tyrosine kinase that modulates neurite growth in the central nervous system. It is a type I membrane protein and belongs to the ROR subfamily of cell surface receptors. ROR1 is currently under investigation for its role in the metastasis of cancer cells.
ROR1 has recently been shown to be expressed on ovarian cancer stem cell, on which it seems to play a functional role in promoting migration/invasion or spheroid formation in vitro and tumor engraftment in immune-deficient mice. Treatment with a humanized mAb specific for ROR1 (UC-961) could inhibit the capacity of ovarian cancer cells to migrate, form spheroids, or engraft immune-deficient mice. Moreover, such treatment inhibited the growth of tumor xenografts, which in turn had a reduced capacity to engraft immune-deficient mice and were relatively depleted of cells with features of CSC, suggesting that treatment with UC-961 could impair CSC renewal. Collectively, these studies indicate that ovarian CSCs express ROR1, which may be targeted for anti-CSC therapy.
- "Entrez Gene: receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor 1".
- Masiakowski P, Carroll RD (Dec 1992). "A novel family of cell surface receptors with tyrosine kinase-like domain". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 267 (36): 26181–90. PMID 1334494.
- Reddy UR, Phatak S, Pleasure D (Oct 1996). "Human neural tissues express a truncated Ror1 receptor tyrosine kinase, lacking both extracellular and transmembrane domains". Oncogene. 13 (7): 1555–9. PMID 8875995.
- Zhang S, Cui B, Lai H, Liu G, Ghia EM, Widhopf GF, Zhang Z, Wu CC, Chen L, Wu R, Schwab R, Carson DA, Kipps TJ (Dec 2014). "Ovarian cancer stem cells express ROR1, which can be targeted for anti-cancer-stem-cell therapy". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 111 (48): 17266–71. doi:10.1073/pnas.1419599111. PMC 4260559. PMID 25411317.
- Reddy UR, Phatak S, Allen C, Nycum LM, Sulman EP, White PS, Biegel JA (Apr 1997). "Localization of the human Ror1 gene (NTRKR1) to chromosome 1p31-p32 by fluorescence in situ hybridization and somatic cell hybrid analysis". Genomics. 41 (2): 283–5. doi:10.1006/geno.1997.4653. PMID 9143508.
- Rose JE, Behm FM, Drgon T, Johnson C, Uhl GR. "Personalized smoking cessation: interactions between nicotine dose, dependence and quit-success genotype score". Molecular Medicine. 16 (7–8): 247–53. doi:10.2119/molmed.2009.00159. PMC 2896464. PMID 20379614.
- Nomi M, Oishi I, Kani S, Suzuki H, Matsuda T, Yoda A, Kitamura M, Itoh K, Takeuchi S, Takeda K, Akira S, Ikeya M, Takada S, Minami Y (Dec 2001). "Loss of mRor1 enhances the heart and skeletal abnormalities in mRor2-deficient mice: redundant and pleiotropic functions of mRor1 and mRor2 receptor tyrosine kinases". Molecular and Cellular Biology. 21 (24): 8329–35. doi:10.1128/MCB.21.24.8329-8335.2001. PMC 99997. PMID 11713269.
- Baskar S, Kwong KY, Hofer T, Levy JM, Kennedy MG, Lee E, Staudt LM, Wilson WH, Wiestner A, Rader C (Jan 2008). "Unique cell surface expression of receptor tyrosine kinase ROR1 in human B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia". Clinical Cancer Research. 14 (2): 396–404. doi:10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-07-1823. PMID 18223214.
- Shabani M, Asgarian-Omran H, Omran HA, Jeddi-Tehrani M, Vossough P, Faranoush M, Sharifian RA, Toughe GR, Kordmahin M, Khoshnoodi J, Roohi A, Tavoosi N, Mellstedt H, Rabbani H, Shokri F (2007). "Overexpression of orphan receptor tyrosine kinase Ror1 as a putative tumor-associated antigen in Iranian patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia". Tumour Biology. 28 (6): 318–26. doi:10.1159/000121405. PMID 18354269.
- Daneshmanesh AH, Mikaelsson E, Jeddi-Tehrani M, Bayat AA, Ghods R, Ostadkarampour M, Akhondi M, Lagercrantz S, Larsson C, Osterborg A, Shokri F, Mellstedt H, Rabbani H (Sep 2008). "Ror1, a cell surface receptor tyrosine kinase is expressed in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and may serve as a putative target for therapy". International Journal of Cancer. 123 (5): 1190–5. doi:10.1002/ijc.23587. PMID 18546292.
- Smith EN, Bloss CS, Badner JA, Barrett T, Belmonte PL, Berrettini W, Byerley W, Coryell W, Craig D, Edenberg HJ, Eskin E, Foroud T, Gershon E, Greenwood TA, Hipolito M, Koller DL, Lawson WB, Liu C, Lohoff F, McInnis MG, McMahon FJ, Mirel DB, Murray SS, Nievergelt C, Nurnberger J, Nwulia EA, Paschall J, Potash JB, Rice J, Schulze TG, Scheftner W, Panganiban C, Zaitlen N, Zandi PP, Zöllner S, Schork NJ, Kelsoe JR (Aug 2009). "Genome-wide association study of bipolar disorder in European American and African American individuals". Molecular Psychiatry. 14 (8): 755–63. doi:10.1038/mp.2009.43. PMC 3035981. PMID 19488044.
- Paganoni S, Ferreira A (Jan 2005). "Neurite extension in central neurons: a novel role for the receptor tyrosine kinases Ror1 and Ror2". Journal of Cell Science. 118 (Pt 2): 433–46. doi:10.1242/jcs.01622. PMC 1351101. PMID 15654020.
- Shabani M, Asgarian-Omran H, Vossough P, Sharifian RA, Faranoush M, Ghragozlou S, Khoshnoodi J, Roohi A, Jeddi-Tehrani M, Mellstedt H, Rabbani H, Shokri F (Jul 2008). "Expression profile of orphan receptor tyrosine kinase (ROR1) and Wilms' tumor gene 1 (WT1) in different subsets of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia". Leukemia & Lymphoma. 49 (7): 1360–7. doi:10.1080/10428190802124000. PMID 18604725.
- Fukuda T, Chen L, Endo T, Tang L, Lu D, Castro JE, Widhopf GF, Rassenti LZ, Cantwell MJ, Prussak CE, Carson DA, Kipps TJ (Feb 2008). "Antisera induced by infusions of autologous Ad-CD154-leukemia B cells identify ROR1 as an oncofetal antigen and receptor for Wnt5a". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 105 (8): 3047–52. doi:10.1073/pnas.0712148105. PMC 2268582. PMID 18287027.
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 1 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|