- UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine + protein UDP + 4-N-(N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyl)-protein
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine:protein beta-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyl-transferase. Other names in common use include uridine diphosphoacetylglucosamine-protein, acetylglucosaminyltransferase, uridine diphospho-N-acetylglucosamine:polypeptide, beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase, and O-GlcNAc transferase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Khalkhall Z, Marshall RD (1975). "Glycosylation of ribonuclease A catalysed by rabbit liver extracts". Biochem. J. 146: 299&ndash, 307. PMID 1156375.
- Khalkhali Z, Marshall RD (1976). "UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine-asparagine sequon N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminyl-transferase-activity in human serum". Carbohydr. Res. 49: 455&ndash, 73. PMID 986874.
- Khalkhali Z, Marshall RD, Reuvers F, Habets-Willems C, Boer P (1976). "Glycosylation in vitro of an asparagine sequon catalysed by preparations of yeast cell membranes". Biochem. J. 160: 37&ndash, 41. PMID 795426.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72319-34-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|