- (5Z,13E)-(15S)-9alpha,11alpha,15-trihydroxyprosta-5,13-dienoate + NADP+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (5Z,13E)-(15S)-9alpha,15-dihydroxy-11-oxoprosta-5,13-dienoate + NADPH + H+
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are (5Z,13E)-(15S)-9alpha,11alpha,15-trihydroxyprosta-5,13-dienoate and NADP+, whereas its 3 products are (5Z,13E)-(15S)-9alpha,15-dihydroxy-11-oxoprosta-5,13-dienoate, NADPH, and H+.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (5Z,13E)-(15S)-9alpha,11alpha,15-trihydroxyprosta-5,13-dienoate:NADP + 11-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include prostaglandin-D2 11-reductase, reductase, 15-hydroxy-11-oxoprostaglandin, PGD2 11-ketoreductase, PGF2alpha synthetase, prostaglandin 11-ketoreductase, prostaglandin D2-ketoreductase, prostaglandin F synthase, prostaglandin F synthetase, synthetase, prostaglandin F2alpha, prostaglandin-D2 11-reductase, PGF synthetase, NADPH-dependent prostaglandin D2 11-keto reductase, and prostaglandin 11-keto reductase. This enzyme participates in arachidonic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Reingold DF, Kawasaki A, Needleman P (1981). "A novel prostaglandin 11-keto reductase found in rabbit liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 659: 179–88. PMID 7248318.
- Watanabe K, Shimizu T and Hayaishi O (1981). "Enzymatic conversion of prostaglandin-D2 to prostaglandin-F2alpha in the rat lung". Biochem. Int. 2: 603–610.
- Watanabe K, Yoshida R, Shimizu T, Hayaishi O (1985). "Enzymatic formation of prostaglandin F2 alpha from prostaglandin H2 and D2. Purification and properties of prostaglandin F synthetase from bovine lung". J. Biol. Chem. 260: 7035–41. PMID 3858278.
- Wong PY (1981). "Purification and partial characterization of prostaglandin D2 11-keto reductase in rabbit liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 659: 169–78. PMID 7248317.
- Wong PY (1982). "Purification of PGD2 11-ketoreductase from rabbit liver". Methods. Enzymol. 86: 117–25. PMID 7132748.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 55976-95-9.