- procollagen L-proline + 2-oxoglutarate + O2 procollagen trans-3-hydroxy-L-proline + succinate + CO2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with 2-oxoglutarate as one donor, and incorporation of one atom o oxygen into each donor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is procollagen-L-proline,2-oxoglutarate:oxygen oxidoreductase (3-hydroxylating). Other names in common use include proline,2-oxoglutarate 3-dioxygenase, prolyl 3-hydroxylase, protocollagen proline 3-hydroxylase, prolyl-4-hydroxyprolyl-glycyl-peptide, 2-oxoglutarate: oxygen, and oxidoreductase, 3-hydroxylating. It has 2 cofactors: iron, and Ascorbate.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Risteli J, Tryggvason K, Kivirikko KI (1977). "Prolyl 3-hydroxylase: partial characterization of the enzyme from rat kidney cortex". Eur. J. Biochem. 73: 485&ndash, 92. PMID 191255.
- Risteli J, Tryggvason K, Kivirikko KI (1978). "A rapid assay for prolyl 3-hydroxylase activity". Anal. Biochem. 84: 423&ndash, 31. PMID 204218.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 63551-75-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.14 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|