- alpha-D-ribose 1-phosphate D-ribose 5-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically the phosphotransferases (phosphomutases), which transfer phosphate groups within a molecule. The systematic name of this enzyme class is alpha-D-ribose 1,5-phosphomutase. Other names in common use include phosphodeoxyribomutase, deoxyribose phosphomutase, deoxyribomutase, phosphoribomutase, alpha-D-glucose-1,6-bisphosphate:deoxy-D-ribose-1-phosphate, phosphotransferase, and D-ribose 1,5-phosphomutase. This enzyme participates in pentose phosphate pathway and purine metabolism. It has 3 cofactors: D-ribose 1,5-bisphosphate, alpha-D-Glucose 1,6-bisphosphate, and 2-Deoxy-D-ribose 1,5-bisphosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Hammer-Jespersen K, Munch-Petersen A (1970). "Phosphodeoxyribomutase from Escherichia coli. Purification and some properties". Eur. J. Biochem. 17: 397&ndash, 407. PMID 4992818.
- Kammen HO, Koo R (1969). "Phosphopentomutases. I. Identification of two activities in rabbit tissues". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 4888&ndash, 93. PMID 5824563.
- Boyer, P.D. (Ed.), The Enzymes, 3rd ed., vol. 6, 1972, p. 407-477.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-77-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|