Phosphoadenylyl-sulfate reductase (thioredoxin)
- adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + sulfite + thioredoxin disulfide 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + thioredoxin
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on a sulfur group of donors with a disulfide as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate,sulfite:thioredoxin-disulfide oxidoreductase (3'-phosphoadenosine-5'-phosphosulfate-forming). Other names in common use include PAPS reductase, thioredoxin-dependent, PAPS reductase, thioredoxin:adenosine 3'-phosphate 5'-phosphosulfate reductase, 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate reductase, thioredoxin:3'-phospho-adenylylsulfate reductase, phosphoadenosine-phosphosulfate reductase, adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate,sulfite:oxidized-thioredoxin, and oxidoreductase (3'-phosphoadenosine-5'-phosphosulfate-forming). This enzyme participates in sulfur metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Berendt U, Haverkamp T, Prior A, Schwenn JD (1995). "Reaction mechanism of thioredoxin: 3'-phospho-adenylylsulfate reductase investigated by site-directed mutagenesis". Eur. J. Biochem. 233: 347&ndash, 56. PMID 7588765.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9068-63-7.