In enzymology, a peptide-O-fucosyltransferase (EC 188.8.131.52) is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction in which an alpha-L-fucosyl residue is transferred from GDP-beta-L-fucose to the sidechain oxygen atom of a serine or threonine residue in a protein.
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is GDP-beta-L-fucose:polypeptide O-alpha-L-fucosyltransferase. Other names in common use include GDP-L-fucose:polypeptide fucosyltransferase, GDP-fucose protein O-fucosyltransferase, and GDP-fucose:polypeptide fucosyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Wang Y, Spellman MW (1998). "Purification and characterization of a GDP-fucose:polypeptide fucosyltransferase from Chinese hamster ovary cells". J. Biol. Chem. 273: 8112&ndash, 8. PMID 9525914.
- Haltiwanger RS (2001). "Modification of epidermal growth factor-like repeats with O-fucose Molecular cloning and expression of a novel GDP-fucose protein O-fucosyltransferase". J. Biol. Chem. 276: 40338&ndash, 45. PMID 11524432.
- Wang Y, Lee GF, Kelley RF, Spellman MW (1996). "Identification of a GDP-L-fucose:polypeptide fucosyltransferase and enzymatic addition of O-linked fucose to EGF domains". Glycobiology. 6: 837&ndash, 42. PMID 9023546.
- Peter-Katalinic J (2001). "C-mannosylation and O-fucosylation of the thrombospondin type 1 module". J. Biol. Chem. 276: 6485&ndash, 98. PMID 11067851.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9033-08-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|