- 2-deoxy-D-ribosyl-base1 + base2 2-deoxy-D-ribosyl-base2 + base1
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the pentosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is nucleoside:purine(pyrimidine) deoxy-D-ribosyltransferase. Other names in common use include purine(pyrimidine) nucleoside:purine(pyrimidine) deoxyribosyl, transferase, deoxyribose transferase, nucleoside trans-N-deoxyribosylase, trans-deoxyribosylase, trans-N-deoxyribosylase, trans-N-glycosidase, nucleoside deoxyribosyltransferase I (purine nucleoside:purine, deoxyribosyltransferase: strictly specific for transfer between, purine bases), nucleoside deoxyribosyltransferase II [purine(pyrimidine), and nucleoside:purine(pyrimidine) deoxyribosyltransferase]. This enzyme participates in pyrimidine metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- KALCKAR HM, MACNUTT WS, HOFF-JORGENSEN E (1952). "Trans-N-glycosidase studied with radioactive adenine". Biochem. J. 50: 397&ndash, 400. PMID 14915963.
- MACNUTT WS (1952). "The enzymically catalysed transfer of the deoxyribosyl group from one purine or pyrimidine to another". Biochem. J. 50: 384&ndash, 97. PMID 14915962.
- ROUSH AH, BETZ RF (1958). "Purification and properties of trans-N-deoxyribosylase". J. Biol. Chem. 233: 261&ndash, 6. PMID 13563482.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-86-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|