- nitrous oxide + acceptor + H2O 2 nitric oxide + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on other nitrogenous compounds as donors with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is nitrous-oxide:acceptor oxidoreductase (NO-forming). Other names in common use include nitrogen oxide reductase, and nitrous-oxide:(acceptor) oxidoreductase (NO-forming). This enzyme participates in nitrogen metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Heiss B, Frunzke K, Zumft WG (1989). "Formation of the N-N bond from nitric oxide by a membrane-bound cytochrome bc complex of nitrate-respiring (denitrifying) Pseudomonas stutzeri". J. Bacteriol. 171: 3288&ndash, 97. PMID 2542222.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-43-2.